Friday, March 03, 2006

Oscar picks

I normally like to change my predictions up until the show starts, andI still reserve the right to do so. But I figured I'd post my current picks.

Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain, I suppose. Although it was, in Debbie's words, "long and boring", it seems to be the favorite. Crash could do okay, but it seems like a lot of people hated it. This does break my usual rule of picking the movie about Jews or the mentally handicapped, but so be it.

Leading Actor: I've said it before and I'll say it again - Philip Seymour Hoffman all the way.

Leading Actress: Reese Witherspoon. Also breaking the rule about always picking Dame Judi Dench for any award where she is nominated.

Supporting Actor: This is a tough one. I think it's 50/50 between Paul Giamatti and George Clooney, but I'll pick George Clooney because this has been a good year for him.

Supporting Actress: The smart money says Rachel Weisz. But I can't resist the chance to pick my own doppelganger, Michelle Williams. Still mulling this one over.

Directing: Ang Lee.

Adapted screenplay: Brokeback Mountain.

Original screenplay: Crash.

Documentary feature: March of the Penguins.

Animated feature: Wallace & Gromit. Such a good movie!

I won't post the rest here, because you probably don't care about who I think will win for Best Sound Mixing. Heck, you probably don't care about any of my predictions. Oh well. Have a great weekend!

No comments: