Tuesday, March 14, 2006

March Madness

I just got my bracket filled out. I did it practically blind since I haven't watched college ball all season. Not that I know anything about college ball anyway. But I do know these things: great run by Syracuse and Gerry McNamara in the Big East tourney, Allen Ray got his eye popped out, UNC finished strong, and, of course, Duke sucks (but everyone knows that).

My Final Four are Syracuse, Gonzaga, UNC and BC with Gonzaga beating UNC 56-50. Pretty unlikely I know, but I'm working on the premise that the less I know the more successful I'll be.

By the way, I'm glad people are starting to get interested in the WBC. I've wasted a lot of time the last couple of weeks tracking games with GameDay. Just twenty days til opening day at Dodgers Stadium. Killer infield this year. Too bad we'll probably suck again. Seriously, Grady Little? I'm also excited for minor league ball this year although the Riverdogs are the Yankees Class A team.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ah, I see you've opted to use my trusty old "the-less-I-know" strategy...very clever.
Worked well for the Grammys, maybe it will work again.

robwonton said...

The Dodgers are going to surprise some people this year. Unlike my Padrees who are more than likey going to Suck Ass. Mark Loretta for Doug Mirabelli? Cmon.