Monday, March 06, 2006

I am awesome

As of award-show time I had changed my pick for Best Picture to Crash, and decided to go with Rachel Weisz for Best Supporting Actress. Both proved to be wise decisions.

I'm particularly proud that this year I got all the Major Awards right - Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor and Actress. All in all, I got 6 wrong and 18 right. My misses were for Cinematography, Best Original Song, Costumes, Short subject Documentary, Short Film - Animated, and Short Film - Live Action. Given that those last three picks were made 5 minutes before the Oscars started on the basis of their names only, I think that's a pretty good record.

And, I happen to think that my alter-ego looked pretty good, too.

In other news, I picked up my wedding dress on Saturday. It's a little big in the bodice, but the length came out right, and, most importantly, I still love it. It's too early to have the alterations done, so for now it just has to live in my closet. But now that I have it, I can start working on all the accessories. DSW, here I come!

No comments: