Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Family Band at last!

When my brother and I were younger, we compiled a list of "Things to Get." The things we wanted to get ranged from a go-cart to a porch couch. One of the items on the list was "A family band."
Well, I think we can officially cross that off the list now.

Turns out that there is a Mexican boyband called "Reik." It is astonishingly popular. Their debut album went gold, and they were nominated for Billboard awards and MTV Latin America awards.
Where was I during all this? There are crowds of squealing girls chanting my last name over and over! Weird.

If you want to see one of their music videos, click on this link. Then click on "Reik - Yo Quisiera".
Enjoy.

All that Mike's namesake has to offer is a Southern California Magician. He reenacts Houdini performances and he trained orangatans and polar bears while in college. Which I guess actually makes him pretty cool. Just maybe not as cool as a Mexican boy band.

No comments: