Thursday, March 16, 2006

Drink: Left Hand Milk Stout

Becky and I went to the Mac last night and met up with Husni and Karen. I was trying to catch one of the WBC games but the Mac didn't have the channel or it wasn't being broadcasted. Anyway, I figured I could work on my passport list.

I tried the Old Savannah Pale Ale first. It's alright. It's definitely not as hoppy as Terrapin (which for me means it's drinkable). At the same time, it wasn't a particularly flavorful pale ale. I'd drink it again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

After Becky pointed it out on the menu and then recommended by the server, I selected a Left Hand Milk Stout. The brewery is in Longmont, CO. A very interesting beer. Great coffee flavors. But what makes it stand out is the milk sugars that make it taste like a cafe au lait. I would definitely drink again and recommend you at least try this one.

The last beer of the night was a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar. Can't go wrong with Rogue and they prove me right again. A very flavorful beer but I almost feel I need a fireplace to really enjoy it.

My passport now has 99 stamps. 26 to go. After a couple of years, I may just be able to do it. Of course, Husni finished in 6 months. That lush.

No comments: