Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bad Karma or Good Karma?

I guess I wasn't feeling like Ice Cube today because it just hasn't been a good day. It took me forever to get up. And just when I thought everything was copacetic, I ended up at the bus stop without my id (which works as my pass) and no cash so I had to drive to school. I hate doing that because of traffic and I'm a cheap treehugger. Of course, I couldn't just go back to my apartment because by the time I got back the bus would have left.

Then I went to the hospital to pick up my clinical assignment for tomorrow. I had a feeling I wouldn't get the wound care rotation this week, but getting it would have been nice because then I wouldn't have to preplan. What I got was the worst though. Next to my name was the word "wound," but then it was scribbled out and a patient's name was written to the right of it. Just my luck. But I guess that means I'm up next week. To add to my misery, the patient's chart was with the docs doing rounds so I couldn't look at it right then. Of course, that's the only place with the information I needed since the hospital doesn't use a computer system at all! So, I had to come back at 4 after my psych class to do my preplanning. I leave the hospital at 5 and it takes me an hour plus to go the 8 miles home.

As I re-read the last two paragraphs, I realized that if this is what I have to complain about then my life is pretty sweet. Being stuck in traffic and having to do work that I signed up for. Geez, I really should stop whining and appreciate what I have. Dang. This post even has a cheesy afterschool special message to it. Schweet!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow, Mike! You've actually posted more times in the last week than me! If we can keep this up, our blog will be totally awesome! Except for the part about how nobody reads it :(