Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy Fat Tuesday!

A.K.A. Mardi Gras, Pancake Day, Shrove Tuesday, or Paczki Day.

Mmmm.... paczki. I don't think you can get them here in Atlanta. Maybe I'll just have to settle for some donuts instead...

Anyways, my family has always given up sweets for Lent. If you've ever been around my family for very long, then you know how difficult this is for us. We loooove our sweets. So, since Fat Tuesday is the last day before Lent, we always ate a TON of candy and desserts on that day. Not only that, but when I went to Christian school, Fat Tuesday was the one day of the year when we were allowed to bring in candy and eat it all day.

Since Debbie is in Texas tonight, maybe I'll just skip dinner and go straight to dessert. I have a feeling this is going to be a tough Lent, what with the entire case of cotton candy, giant bag of Skittles, pound of Jelly Bellies and pint of Haagen Dazs in my apartment. And just to make it clear, all of the above mentioned candies were unsolicited gifts from my family. My sweet-loving family.

No comments: