Monday, February 20, 2006

Weir's greatest hits

A sampling of classic quotes from figure skater Johnny Weir:

"The next morning the papers came out and all of a sudden I was causing a stir because I told Phil Hersh he looked thin and I was wearing a chinchilla scarf that someone thought was a boa. First of all, boas are so out. Secondly, I would never wear a boa to a press conference."


"I'm not worried about PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). The first time I see a chinchilla wearing a person, I'll stop wearing fur. "


"I never felt comfortable in this building. I didn’t feel my inner peace. I didn’t feel my aura. I was black inside."


"I am a princess."


"The costume is hard to get into. I have to squeeze myself in like a sausage."


"That girl, I would buy her diamonds if I could afford it. It seemed like the type of fall that could render someone unable to have children. It looked like it hurt that much." (about Zhang's fall in the pairs skating competition)




And, on a sports-related sidenote, I just heard that NBC is planning to call its primetime Sunday NFL broadcast "Football Night in America", a totally transparent take-off of "Hockey Night in Canada". What's next, "Shuffleboard Night in Boca Raton"?

Today's mashup: "Sweet Home Country Grammar"

No comments: