Thursday, February 02, 2006

Surprise!

Well, Michael's blog progress has slowed so much that it's actually going backwards (posts are starting to disappear!).

So, I've managed to recall my password and now I, Becky, am here to save the day.

My first order of business: Happy Birthday to Debbie! Welcome to the quarter-century club!

Next: The Oscar nominees were announce earlier this week. And thus I now begin the arduous task of choosing who I think will win. As perhaps very few of you know, Eulynn, Clare and I have an ongoing competition over who can make the most accurate Oscar picks each year. I have had a semi-decent record over the years, but Clare and Eulynn are formidable opponents. Plus, they often have the advantage of having actually seen some of the nominated films.
So this year I've decided to step it up. I have plans to go see Brokeback Mountain this weekend. After that, it'll either be Capote or Walk the Line. Whichever one is showing at the dollar theater.

I do have one iron-clad pick, though: Philip Seymour Hoffman for Best Actor. He's one of my favorite actors and I think this might be his year.

No comments: