Friday, February 23, 2007

Oscar Picks

Eulynn sent me an email, reminding me that it's time for Oscar predictions.

As per my usual methods, I've seen very few of the movies involved. (To put this into a positive light, I could say that I am untainted by emotional attachments to the films.) So I don't know if I can even come up with a "Should win" list.

As usual, I reserve the right to change my picks up until the show starts.

Best picture - This is, as usual, the toughest choice. I just can't make up my mind. This may be one of my last minute desperation decisions.
Best actor - Easy. I had this pick made months ago: Forest Whitaker.
Best actress - Second year in a row of breaking the "Always pick Judi Dench" rule: Helen Mirren.
Supporting actor - I'll take Eddie Murphy.
Supporting actress - Jennifer Hudson.
Director - I'm really struggling over whether to choose Clint Eastwood or Martin Scorsese. I'm currently leaning towards Scorsese, but it's a really tough call. Underestimating Eastwood's popularity has burned me before, but they may also want to finally give Scorsese his due.
Adapted screenplay - The Departed.
Original screenplay - I'm still trying to choose between Babel, Little Miss Sunshine, and The Queen.
Animated feature - Cars.
Documentary feature - An Inconvenient Truth.

Bonus prediction: Al Gore is NOT running for president.

No comments: