Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nicer than disposable

Lately, I've been scoring a lot of free stuff, courtesy of CVS. Since I don't have much to post these days, I thought I'd post some reviews.

Schick Quattro for women
I usually use cheap disposable razors, so I don’t know how it would stack up against other similarly-priced razors. I have noticed that I haven’t nicked myself at all since I started using this, but it’s not like I was cutting myself all the time before, either. It’s nicer than a disposable, but I guess that’s not saying a whole lot.

Colgate Sparkling White Vanilla Mint toothpaste
The golden color is a bit off-putting, and I don’t taste much vanilla, but I like this toothpaste. It seems to have a bit of extra “grit” to it, kinda reminds me of baking soda toothpaste. Anyways, it’s a good amount of minty and leaves my mouth feeling pretty clean. It doesn’t really whiten, but does any toothpaste actually whiten?

Colgate MaxFresh toothpaste
It’s a toothpaste with mini breath strips in it. It’s a silly idea, and it really doesn’t do much for me. I definitely prefer the Sparkling White.

Oral-B Hummingbird flosser
Mike really wanted to get this, and it was on clearance for only $4. He seems to like it, but my big gripe is that the replacement flosser heads are ridiculously expensive. They’re like $3.50 for a pack of 15 at CVS. If you use one every day, that works out to $7 per month! Compare that to a pack of regular floss, which only costs $2 and lasts at least 3 months.
It’s a rip-off, but it’s still worth it if it gets him to floss regularly.

Reach Act Restoring mouthwash
Finally. An answer to my nightly dilemma: whether to rinse with Listerine or fluoride mouthwash. This mouthwash is BOTH! It has the alcohol to kill germs and the fluoride to do whatever it is that fluoride does. I got three different flavors, but I’m using the spearmint now and I like it.

Playtex Sport tampons
Okay, I realize that no one wants to hear a review of these. And to be honest, I haven’t even tried them yet. But there is one thing I want to say about these. WHY OH WHY is there a “Fresh scent” variety? Does anyone really need scented tampons?

No comments: