Thursday, April 06, 2006

I don't know how she does it.

My family is driving back home after their 4 day visit to Atlanta. It was nice to see them, and I hope they had a good time.

The thing that amazes me most is that my sister managed to survive an entire vacation with our parents. I mean, I love them and all, but they can be really annoying sometimes. You know, that special kind of annoying, where if it was someone else's parents you would find it funny or cute, but coming from your own it drives you crazy.

Last night, we went out to eat at the Angel. It turned out to be Trivia Night, which was kind of a mixed blessing. On one hand, it provided entertainment and the potential chance to pay for our meals. On the other hand, it brought out the full competitive streak that runs in our family. My sister got really anxious, and wouldn't allow us to pay for the meal until the contest was over (since she was so determined to win). My dad berated us for saying the answers aloud, as he was certain that the table next to us was eavesdropping and stealing our answers. Mom tried to convince us to cheat. When we missed the last question, a full-fledged argument broke out over who was to blame.
We didn't win anything, but it was still fun.

1 comment:

robwonton said...

Your story pretty much sums up our dysfunctional asian family.LOL.

We got Helen Agoo with us for a week. The lack of sleep has been a blessing. I am too tired to let the nagging get to me.

-Rob

P.S. when are you guys coming out for a visit?